Wilma Shen, DDS
I believe that oral health is fundamental to overall health. To live a quality life, we need to take care of our appearance, be able to communicate with others and enjoy great food. I enjoy helping my patients smile, talk, and eat—all the basic things we take for granted in our daily lives, but make all the difference.
Each one of us sees this world differently. By working with so many unique people every day, I get to see the world through their eyes—a young child who is eager to explore this world full of excitements, a college student who is ambitious yet uncertain about what this world will bring, or an older couple who has a lot to share about what this world has taught them. We all have our special ways to look at this world, this life. It is both fun and inspiring to build a long-term relationship with my patients, getting to know them better with time, and sharing our life experiences.
My team and I are caring, attentive, and passionate about educating our patients about all things in dentistry. We want our patients to feel like they are at their dental home—their dental health, their life, and their goals all matter to us.
Education and Continuing Education
- University of Washington, Class of 2015
- National Yang-Ming University (Taiwan), Class of 2012
There are always new discoveries in the dental field. I love learning new treatments, new technologies, and new research, and applying what I have learned to benefit my patients.
- Invisalign®: to provide a treatment alternative to conventional brackets and wires (metal braces) with a more aesthetic way to align teeth
- Botox® Treatment: to provide an adjunctive treatment to TMD (jaw joint pain disorder) and to improve facial aesthetics
- WSDA Academy, PNDC, and ADA Meetings: to stay current in the dental field and to build relationships with other dentists
- West Seattle Endodontics Study Club: to discuss various oral-health-related topics and share experiences with local dentists
- American Dental Association
- Washington State Dental Association
- Seattle-King County Dental Society
- University of Washington Alumni Association
- Academy of General Dentistry
Outside the Office
Seattle has been my home since 2013, but I enjoy visiting my family all around the world—my parents in Taiwan, my cousins in Japan, and my younger brother in the Bay Area. When I have free time, I attend Bible study groups, read, watch musicals, take cello lessons, and spend time exploring new places.
In addition to being active in my church, I volunteer with the Medical Teams International Dental Mobile Van. I enjoy giving back to the community and offering my skills to those in need.